Irrigation Water Solutions
Our hydrogeologists and groundwater engineers have worked in most of the irrigation districts across Australia including, the Murrumbidgee, Bundaberg, Maffra, Namoi, Coleambally, Collie River, Adelaide Plains, South East SA, Adelaide Hills and the Riverland. They have a thorough understanding of the groundwater conditions, history of groundwater utilisations and challenges faced by the irrigators and local communities in these areas.
AGT work with irrigators to develop low cost bulk water supply through the deployment of modern water management schemes. Included in this is the creation of “new” water resources through:
- Aquifer Storage and Recovery (ASR). Rural Properties have the capacity to capture large volumes of reusable rainwater every year that can be stored in underground aquifers in winter and pumped for irrigation in summer. Included in this is roof water, paddock runoff, dams, waterways and wetlands.
- In Situ Desalination (ISD) technology which extracts high quality water from poor quality groundwater. This process essentially creates a water resource where none previously existed. This literally creates a new valuable water resource and simultaneously increases the productive capacity of the land.
OUR KEY SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Creation of new water for irrigation through the development of ASR schemes and desalination technology
- Conventional groundwater supply development including borehole and water supply prognosis assessments, borehole siting, supervision and management of bore drilling, construction and development
- Groundwater allocation assessments
- Groundwater salinity management
- Bore testing (pump testing), borehole condition assessments and rehabilitation
OUR KEY PROJECTS:
- In Situ Desalination (ISD) for the Victoria Racecourse irrigation supply
- Groundwater supply and ASR for the Grange Golf Club, Kingston Golf Club, Tea Tree Gully Golf Club and Morphettville Race Course