Mine Water Management Solutions
Mine Water Management
AGT provides strategic water resource management solutions to assist the mining and petroleum sector to incorporate leading practice water management activities.
We deliver innovative and cost effective solutions to water supply development, site water management, mine dewatering, aquifer depressurisation and reinjection of excess or co-produced water.
AGT provides innovative tools to manage excess or co-produced water from mining or petroleum operations.
Our staff have significant mine site operational experience and are accustomed to providing cost effective solution for the investigation and management of all mine water related issues. Commodities and regions our staff have been involved with include Iron Ore mines in West Africa and Norway, Coal mines in Victoria, NSW and Western Australia and Mineral Sands projects in NSW, Victoria and Western Australia.
Our services to the mining and petroleum sector include:
- Aquifer re-injection to manage co-produced water from coal seam gas production and mine dewatering
- Development of groundwater supplies in the coal and iron ore sectors
- Mine dewatering and aquifer depressurisation design
- Groundwater induced mine stability assessments
- Groundwater assessments to support mine prefeasibility studies and regulatory approvals
- Mine closure assessments including geochemical modelling
- Groundwater modelling to support borefield design, mine dewatering design and groundwater impact assessment
- Development of groundwater management plans, groundwater monitoring networks and compliance monitoring and reporting
- Aquifer (bore) testing utilising our in house test pumping equipment
- Independent peer reviews
Key projects include:
- Mine water supply for Cairn Hill
- Mine prefeasibility and inflow assessments for Bird In Hand Gold Project
- Mine water reinjection for the Angas Zinc Mine, Portia Gold Mine and Marandoo Mine
- Mine closure assessment for the Angas Zinc Mine